Riceless Bibimbap Bowl Recipe
Key Notes: Paleo, whole30, keto, gluten-free, low carb
This meal is a powerhouse of veggies and proteins, made in the way of Bibimbap, a traditional Korean dish consisting of things mixed with rice.
However, we’ll be making it with cauliflower “rice” for a paleo and keto friendly version!
Make sure you use organic vegetables so that you can avoid pesticide residue, and organic meat so that you’re not ingesting antibiotics and hormones. This dish can actually be made with chicken and pork as well, but we’ll be making it with beef today.
We prefer our beef cut into cubes, but ground or sliced beef can work too.
Soy-free “soy” sauce alternatives are now readily available and works great in Asian inspired dishes like this!
The best part is that you can place all the different cooked ingredients into containers and make more meals out of it, or you can have a DIY bibimbap night where you set out all the separate toppings and have everyone add what they would like!
You can also add more/different types of vegetables (such as mushrooms, bell peppers, cabbage, broccoli, chrysanthemum greens, onions, swiss chard, bok choy, radishes, etc.)
- 1 head of organic Cauliflower
- 6 oz organic, grassfed steak, ground or sliced beef
- Organic soy – free “soy” sauce
- ½ teaspoon organic grated ginger
- 1 organic zucchini, diced
- 1 organic carrot, shredded
- 1 bunch organic spinach
- Soy free, Organic Gochujang paste to taste
- Sesame oil
- 1 egg, sunnyside up
- Scallions, for garnish (optional)
- To make the cauliflower rice, grate cauliflower heads with a cheese grater that produces rice -sized grains. Alternatively, you can use a food processor that has the grate function.
- In a pan, sautee cauliflower rice over medium high heat with a drizzle of olive oil or sesame oil. Cover and allow to steam 4 – 5 minutes. Remove from heat and place into a bowl.
- Clean pan and sautee spinach in sesame oil until sufficiently wilted. Season with salt and pepper to taste and place on top of cauliflower rice.
- Clean pan and sautee shredded carrots in sesame oil quickly, allowing carrots to be cooked but still retain firmness. Season with salt and pepper to taste and place on top of cauliflower rice.
- Clean pan and sautee diced zucchini in sesame oil until tender. Season with salt and pepper to taste and place on top of cauliflower rice.
- Clean pan and place a teaspoon of sesame oil in it. Cook cubed steak, ground beef, or sliced beef until desired done-ness, adding soy-free soy sauce and grated ginger halfway through. Place on top of cauliflower rice.
- Place sunnyside up egg on top of everything, and serve with a dollop of organic gochujang paste. Mix everything together before eating. The paste is very spicy so adjust to your liking!